Caregiver / Direct Support Professional
Our agency is currently seeking Direct Support Professionals for a home with individuals who have developmental disabilities in the Columbus area. Our goal is to provide proper medical oversight, quality care services, community-focused activities to those we assist, and maintaining a positive team outlook.
We provide highly competitive Direct Support Professional wages as well as paid time off (sick leave/ vacation leave) and healthcare benefits (medical/ vision/ dental) for our full-time employees. We also offer room for growth within our company.
2 years of experience is preferred but training is available for those without!
Pay starts at $13/hour with two years’ experience in the field and will increase to $14/hour upon completion/verification of what is known as the ‘Competency Based Add On’ through the Department of Developmental Disabilities.
Essential Job Duties
• Assisting individuals who have developmental disabilities and medical care needs in a congregate (group) setting.
• Providing medical care, personal care, meal preparation, housekeeping, transportation, community access, and specialized developmental activities that are tailored to each individual we serve.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Must have a valid driver’s license with no more than 4 points.
Education & Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• 2 years of experience is preferred but training is available for those without. This includes provider training, First Aid/CPR, and medication administration classes for those who qualify.
• Part-time and full-time shifts are available.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.