Caregiver / Direct Support Professional
Our agency is currently seeking Direct Support Professionals for a home with individuals who have developmental disabilities in the Columbus area. Our goal is to provide proper medical oversight, quality care services, community focused activities to those we assist, and maintaining a positive team outlook.
We provide highly competitive Direct Support Professional wages as well as paid time off (sick leave/ vacation leave) and healthcare benefits (medical/ vision/ dental) for our full-time employees. We also offer room for growth within our company.
Pay starts at $13/hour with two years’ experience in the field and will increase to $14/hour upon completion/verification of what is known as the ‘Competency Based Add On’ through the Department of Developmental Disabilities.
Essential Job Duties
• Assisting individuals who have developmental disabilities and medical care needs in a congregate (group) setting.
• Providing medical care, personal care, meal preparation, housekeeping, transportation, community access, and specialized developmental activities that are tailored to each individual we serve.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Must have a valid driver’s license with no more than 4 points.
Education & Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• 2 years experience is preferred but training is available for those without. This includes provider training, First Aid/CPR, and medication administration classes for those who qualify.
• Part-time and full-time shifts are available.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.